Saturday 7 July 2012

Donnard done

It's just gone 12 midnight and we are off to the last peak in southern Ireland. Due to be a 7am set off.

Donnard was hideous but mainly cos of the weather. By halfway up it was gale force winds and driving rain. We were holding on to the lighter people.

So the coach is now steaming.

My feet are falling apart but I've decided to keep my inner socks on this time. I'm concerned if I pull them off that lots of foot will come off with them. So they'll have to stay on till the end.

So unbelievably just one more to do. The pace is once again going to have to be brutal to get in the 55 hours. This has been an amazing challenge and has done so in more ways than one but I'll be damn glad to see my little tent tomorrow afternoon and know its all over.

I may not get another blog done for a while as I don't know what the Internet ignal is like in S Ireland or what the roaming charges are. So bear with me.

Now time to once again try to get some sleep sat upright in a cramped coach seat. Oh just to be able to lay flat and stretch my legs out.

Love to you all

Come on Mr B nearly there.

7 comments:

  1. I always said you were mad and now I am convinced of it!

    I assume you are on the last peak now so nearly over - I can only read in amazement about what you have been through.

    Well done you!

    Stay safe _ Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep - nearly over. Looking at the weather forecast it seems as if you might not be walking in the rain for your last mountain - I hope so. So, so proud of you Teeds. Sal xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been keepng a close eye each day. Well done you! Will be looking for confirmation of this last one! Take care, Diana.

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the time you've got this you would have finished this truly amazing journey! It's not everyone who could compete in a sponsored coach trip with such alacrity! I was sorry to read that you've had bad wind I'm sure you can take something for that when you get back!!! I feel even more sorry for your lovely wife who's going to have to live with those minging feet of yours now that you've ruined your prospects as a leg model for Pretty Polly! I've asked Sally to smother you with the woodlock I gave you when you get back! Well done Bailey, this really is an absolutely monumental achievement bags of love and hugs and doggy licks (from Newman and Geri not me - not with those feet) from the Sawyer household. Susan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done you - 4 done! You're doing so well, try and keep your feet together for one more peak then you'll be home and dry (literally!). Take care of yourself and big well done!!!! Gill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep going Pud. I'm here watching and willing you up and over that final hill. Like these youngsters say, massive respect to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nearly there Mr B - amazing feat and feet!! Just think of that hot bath when it's all over. Maggie

    ReplyDelete